Welcome to the Chambersburg Area School District's Athletics Program. We are pleased you made the decision to play for the Trojans, and hope you have an enjoyable experience this season!
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com) for the 2020-2021 school year. Family ID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
All student-athletes must complete the following obligations in order to participate in the Trojan Athletic Program:
- Register Online - Visit Familyid.com - Fill out the registration in its entirety. Your child is the PARTICIPANT. Select only the sport that your child will be trying out for during the season. If your child decides to participate or tryout for another sport after you completed the registration, you can always go back into your account and edit the sport (or call the Athletic Office at 717-267-4460 and we can make the change for you.) *NOTE: To complete the registration, you must press the green SUBMIT button. If you fail to do this, your registration will not be complete.
**Registration on familyid.com must be done each sports season!
- Section 6 Physical Forms - This form are available to download for your convenience at the following link: https://www.casdathletics.com/general/physicals. The Section 6 (Physical Evaluation) form is to be completed by a licensed physician of medicine, a certified nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant before you begin to practice for your first sport season for the same academic year. The physical can be uploaded when you do the online registration on the Family ID site. Sections 1-5 will now be completed online via the FamilyID registration process. *Please note that the physical form (Section 6) must be completed and dated on or after June 1, 2020.
- Section 8 Re-Certification Forms - This form is available for download for your convience at the following link: http://www.casdathletics.com/general/physicals. It is only required if you participated in a Fall sport and did not finish it due to injury. Please upload it to the applicable section within FamilyID.
- Payment of Athletic Fee - The Athletic Fee of $100 per individual or $150 per family must be submitted to the Athletic Office PRIOR to the first scheduled contest. The easiest and fastest way to pay this fee is online at the end of your child’s registration process on the familyid.com website. Please choose the “Pay & Submit” tab at the end of the registration process and, at the next screen, click on “Proceed to Payment” where you can either create a MySchoolBucks Account or pay via credit card. Please note the following:
- FREE/REDUCED LUNCH: If your student-athlete qualifies for Free/Reduced Lunch please be sure to click on this button while registering so that your fee is $0.00 when submitting your registration
- FAMILY MAX: The family max is $150.00. If you have more than one child registering for a sport please be sure to click on "Second Family Member Tab" when registering. This will reduce the fee for your second child to $50.00. If you have more than two children participating in a sport please click on the "Met $150.00 Family Threshold" tab. This will reduce the fee for your third child to $0.00.
- PREVIOUS SPORT MAX: If you are an individual student-athlete that participated in a sport in a previous season please click the on the "Previous Sport Max Tab" when registering. This will reduce your fee to $0.00 for the current sport.
- REFUNDS: If your student-athlete does not make the team after tryouts, a refund may be requested in writing and submitted to the Athletic Director. Refunds will be returned electronically via MySchoolBucks if a payment was made online. If the season is cut-short due to Covid-19 refunds will be made on a case by case basis if the student-athlete is not planning to participate in another activity.
The registraion window for our three sports seasons will be open through the following dates:
|Season||Registration Period||Registration Due||Season Start Date|
|Fall||August 27 - September 3||September 3, 2020||September 4, 2020|
|Winter||October 28 - November 18||November 18, 2020||November 20, 2020|
|Spring||February 10 - March 3||March 3, 2020||March 8, 2020|
Once we have verified that all requirements outlined above have been satisfied, you will receive an email from the athletic office (sent from Family ID) which will state that all requirements have been met and that nothing is outstanding for your child’s registration. This will confirm that your son/daughter will be on the list of names the coaches receive and will be eligible to participate on the first day of tryouts. This email will serve as your confirmation that all has been completed. Please do not hand in any paperwork, physicals, or check payments to coaches or to the main office at your child’s school.
Please note that submitting registration materials past the due date may delay your son or daughter from participating in the first day of tryouts. Please have everything submitted in a timely manner to avoid any delays.
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Office at 717-267-4460, or email me at Jeremy.Flores@casdonline.org.
Thank you for your support of the Chambersburg Area School District's Athletic Program. Have a great season and good luck! Go Trojans!